This summary is meant to cover the main points regarding planning and development that were raised in the Open House, September 12, 2019, for the development application at 705 Warden Ave led by City Staff and CreateTO. It is not meant to provide an exhaustive summary of the recent or cover public comments.
About the HousingNow initiative:
- Public ownership of the land will be retained.
- The developer will operate the buildings on a long-term lease.
- Non-profit housing organizations will be encouraged to participate.
City Staff report will be submitted to Council by the end of the year.
Q3 2019 – Business Case
Q1 2020 – Market Offering (SPA)
2021 – Construction Start
705 Warden Ave
- Ward 20 – Scarborough Southwest
- Councillor: Gary Crawford
- Site Area: 2.9 hectares / 7.1 acres
- Official Plan Land Use Designations: Mixed-Use, Apartment Neighbourhoods
- Warden Woods Community Secondary Plan
- Current use: Parking lot
- 466 residential units in total (increased by 16 units from the previous proposal)
- 50% affordable units (increased by 8 units from the previous proposal)
- Three buildings of 7, 8 and 18 storeys
- Uses include: retail, childcare, TTC office building, expanded Park, expanded parking lot for the community Centre
- The project will achieve Tier 2 of the Toronto Green Standard
HousingNowTO (Open Data map covering all 11 sites)
At Smart Density, we are here to help you. If you need to know more about these plans and sites, please contact us.