This summary is meant to cover the main points regarding planning and development that were raised in the Open House, September 16, 2019, for the development application at 50 Wilson Heights Blvd led by City Staff and CreateTO. It is not meant to provide an exhaustive summary of the recent or cover public comments.
About the HousingNow initiative:
- Public ownership of the land will be retained.
- The developer will operate the buildings on a long-term lease.
- Non-profit housing organizations will be encouraged to participate.
City Staff report will be submitted to Council by the end of the year.
Q3 2019 – Business Case
Q1 2020 – Market Offering (SPA)
2021 – Construction Start
50 Wilson Heights Blvd
- FSI 3.66
- 1,464 total residential units
- 488 affordable rental units
- 11 to 16 storeys in height
- Retail and commercial uses
- Childcare and community space
- New Public Park
- Pedestrian connections to Wilson Station
- Underground public parking
- Bus loop incorporated in the block
- 158 reserved parking stalls for 232 condo units (approximately ~0.7 per unit)
- 291 reserved parking stalls for 764 rental units (approximately 0.4 per unit)
- 150 unreserved parking stalls for commercial users
Off-site measures to address subway parking overflow:
- A permanent parking structure at Downsview (Sheppard West Station)
- Street permit parking
- Parking passes
- Other parking lots in the area
- Local transit improvements