Medium: Missing Middle
Modular Construction 101
Guest Speakers: Chris Smith, Project Manager at EllisDon Modular, and Temo Cruz, Prefabrication and Modular Coordinator at EllisDon Modular
Main points: Everything you need to know about this innovative construction type: why, where and how to use it?
- Introduction to Modular/Off-site Construction
- EllisDon Technology & Design/Optimization Guidelines
- Modular Project Example
Missing Middle Policies in 5 Cities across Canada and the U.S.
5 Cities, 5 Middle Housing Policies
A discussion moderated by Alex Bozikovic, Architecture Critic, The Globe and Mail
Hear from 5 Urban Planners:
- Vancouver, British Columbia: Paula Huber, Senior Planner, Community Planning, City of Vancouver
- Seattle, Washington: Geoffrey Wentlandt, Planner, the City of Seattle
- Portland, Oregon: Morgan Tracy, Project Manager, City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: Heather Worthington, Principal at Worthington Advisors
- Toronto, Ontario: Graig Uens, Senior Planner – Office of the Chief Planner at City of Toronto